You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV on roku

All I get when trying to play is Video not Available……?

3820X,

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 6:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 10:41 AM

Something is causing the app to be unable to contact the remote servers.

See if this document has clues that apply to your situation: If you can't watch or stream movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

“Video not available” may mean no valid reaction from the remote server.

1. Verify that your router doesn’t block Apple’s servers (or its CDN) through a firewall setting.
  2. Verify that your router doesn’t block ports that Apple services like to use.
  3. Verify that you use a good DNS on your router, like the one from your ISP, which gets updated with all server names that Apple might use.
  4. Verify that your Roku has the correct date and time and timezone, as Apple may be more strict about that (TLS) than other content providers.

Else

1. Check for Roku OS software updates.
  2. Check for Apple TV app updates, if not set to do so automatically.
  3. Try resetting the Apple TV app.
  4. Try deleting and re-installing the Apple TV app.
  5. Try restarting the Roku streaming device.
2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 14, 2023 10:41 AM in response to Buttero

Something is causing the app to be unable to contact the remote servers.

See if this document has clues that apply to your situation: If you can't watch or stream movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

“Video not available” may mean no valid reaction from the remote server.

1. Verify that your router doesn’t block Apple’s servers (or its CDN) through a firewall setting.
  2. Verify that your router doesn’t block ports that Apple services like to use.
  3. Verify that you use a good DNS on your router, like the one from your ISP, which gets updated with all server names that Apple might use.
  4. Verify that your Roku has the correct date and time and timezone, as Apple may be more strict about that (TLS) than other content providers.

Else

1. Check for Roku OS software updates.
  2. Check for Apple TV app updates, if not set to do so automatically.
  3. Try resetting the Apple TV app.
  4. Try deleting and re-installing the Apple TV app.
  5. Try restarting the Roku streaming device.

Mar 15, 2023 7:59 PM in response to Urquhart1244

I think I found a specific bug in the Apple TV+ app for Roku. I got a new router for Wifi and properly changed the Wifi setting on the Roku. All my channels worked except Apple TV+. When I chose a video to play on Apple TV+, it would say it couldn't play it. When I chose to diagnose the problem, it said it couldn't reach the internet.

I think the app is remembering the wifi it last used when trying to play a video, and therefore failing to play it after I changed the wifi. After I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, it then worked.

Apple TV on roku

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.