You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot scan from Samsung m267x m268x after upgrade to Ventura. Any new drivers available?

since the upgrade to Ventura I cannot scan from my Samsung m267x m268x printer anymore. Printing works fine. I use the Samsung_Mac_Driver_V3.93.06.dmg package.

Is there any later version out there?

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 6:34 AM

3 replies

Mar 16, 2023 2:12 AM in response to Jan Hedlund

Thanks Jan for the hint to the new driver. This helped and brought the "scan" button back into the printer menu. But still the scanner driver "Samsung Scan.app" could not be verified. So it did not open ....

I was able to cure this by disabling the Mac gatekeeper, run the scanner once successfully and then re-enable the Mac gatekeeper again.

To disable the gatekeeper:

• Open terminal from spotlight
  • Type in the following command: sudo spctl --master-disable
  • Enter your password

To enable the gate keeper:

• Open terminal from spotlight
  • Type in the following command: sudo spctl --master-enable
  • Enter your password

Mar 15, 2023 8:50 AM in response to Mac_Newby61

Hi,

There is a Feb 27, 2023 V3.93.08 version:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/Print_Common_SW/Samsung_Mac_Driver_V3.93.08.dmg

Whether this will change anything regarding scanning is another matter, but you could perhaps try it. As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before doing anything.

[This is a Direct Download Link]

cannot scan from Samsung m267x m268x after upgrade to Ventura. Any new drivers available?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.