You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving some devices from an Apple ID to a new Apple ID

My wife and I share have shared several Apple devices on one Apple ID, (phones, iPad, Mac Book, iMac). This worked great for a while, sharing calendars etc. But, it has gotten complicated with security and etc. My wife has an apple ID but her devices still show up on my ID.

How do I migrate all of her devices onto her new ID?

iPhone 13, 16

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 8:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 8:30 AM

Make sure her Apple ID is signed in on her devices under

Settings ➜ Account (top of Settings), (the email under the name)(this generally controls which devices appear in the device list, scroll down to the bottom)

Settings ➜ Account ➜ Media & Purchases

Settings ➜ Messages ➜ Send & Receive ➜ Apple ID

Settings ➜ FaceTime ➜ Apple ID

Do note, any apps that were downloaded with your Apple ID, will be tied to it forever and will require it and it's password to update always, unless they are deleted and re-downloaded with her Apple ID.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 15, 2023 8:30 AM in response to bbaumer

Make sure her Apple ID is signed in on her devices under

Settings ➜ Account (top of Settings), (the email under the name)(this generally controls which devices appear in the device list, scroll down to the bottom)

Settings ➜ Account ➜ Media & Purchases

Settings ➜ Messages ➜ Send & Receive ➜ Apple ID

Settings ➜ FaceTime ➜ Apple ID

Do note, any apps that were downloaded with your Apple ID, will be tied to it forever and will require it and it's password to update always, unless they are deleted and re-downloaded with her Apple ID.

Mar 20, 2023 9:04 AM in response to bbaumer

The devices in Find My are controlled by the first account shown above in Settings. Settings ➜ Account (top of Settings), (the email under the name)(this generally controls which devices appear in the device list, scroll down to the bottom to sign out)

Once you sign out of there with your Apple ID and sign in with hers, they should be removed from your Find My app devices.

Moving some devices from an Apple ID to a new Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.