You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud

I cant use my icloud. I can't see my photos on the icloud site, only 4 photos appear to have been backed up. Backups show 9gb being used, but photos are not visible.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 10:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 10:28 AM

iCloud Backup and iCloud Photos are two different things.

iCloud Backup is a syncing service that will sync your photos with iCloud (and with other devices if turned on in those devices). You can view the contents of iCloud Photos on the devices and at www.icloud.com.

Also see: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

iCloud Backup is a backup service. You cannot view the backup contents. You can only use the backup to do a full restore of a device or setup a new device. See: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If you have iCloud Photos turned on photos will not be included in iCloud Backup. Also see: What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

and View and manage iCloud device backups - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 15, 2023 10:28 AM in response to selahaddin123

iCloud Backup and iCloud Photos are two different things.

iCloud Backup is a syncing service that will sync your photos with iCloud (and with other devices if turned on in those devices). You can view the contents of iCloud Photos on the devices and at www.icloud.com.

Also see: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

iCloud Backup is a backup service. You cannot view the backup contents. You can only use the backup to do a full restore of a device or setup a new device. See: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If you have iCloud Photos turned on photos will not be included in iCloud Backup. Also see: What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

and View and manage iCloud device backups - Apple Support

Icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.