You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use an android phone or a Asus Laptop as a trusted device for my icloud account? If so how can I set that up?

Ok, So. I am asking how can I turn this laptop into a trusted device for my iCLOUD account since I don't have an iPHONE or apple product at the moment?

iPhone, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 2:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 3:14 PM

No. See the following from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

What is a trusted device?

A trusted device is an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, or Mac that you've already signed in to using two-factor authentication. It's a device that we know is yours and that can be used to verify your identity by displaying a verification code from Apple when you sign in on a different device or browser.

An Android (or other, including landline) can be a trusted phone number (and you can have multiple trusted phone numbers. See the "What is a trusted phone number?" section of that same support article.

You won't be able to add a new trusted phone number unless you have access to your account.

If you have a trusted number available, see: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

If you don't have any trusted devices or trusted phone numbers, see the following from that support article:

If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 16, 2023 3:14 PM in response to stone1232

No. See the following from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

What is a trusted device?

A trusted device is an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, or Mac that you've already signed in to using two-factor authentication. It's a device that we know is yours and that can be used to verify your identity by displaying a verification code from Apple when you sign in on a different device or browser.

An Android (or other, including landline) can be a trusted phone number (and you can have multiple trusted phone numbers. See the "What is a trusted phone number?" section of that same support article.

You won't be able to add a new trusted phone number unless you have access to your account.

If you have a trusted number available, see: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

If you don't have any trusted devices or trusted phone numbers, see the following from that support article:

If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

Can I use an android phone or a Asus Laptop as a trusted device for my icloud account? If so how can I set that up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.