You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I paid over $100 for this Apple Tv device. I was told i can watch free tv and there are also apps I can buy. I have not yet found any free TV? What am I doing wrong?

I paid over $100 for a Apple Tv device. I was told I can watch free tv and there are also apps I can buy. I have not yet found any free TV? What am I doing wrong?

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 9:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 9:34 AM

Apple TV itself it a set top box, on top of the preinstalled content from Apple there is an App Store for accessing content from 3rd party providers. What is available will vary based on location, and most will consist of streaming services or apps from TV networks that require a valid cable subscription to authenticate.

In regards to free services, popular choices include Tube and Pluto TV. If you go into the main section of the App Store you can see a selection of popular apps for both free and paid, those that require subscription will note the in-app purchase.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 17, 2023 9:34 AM in response to Kimj_69

Apple TV itself it a set top box, on top of the preinstalled content from Apple there is an App Store for accessing content from 3rd party providers. What is available will vary based on location, and most will consist of streaming services or apps from TV networks that require a valid cable subscription to authenticate.

In regards to free services, popular choices include Tube and Pluto TV. If you go into the main section of the App Store you can see a selection of popular apps for both free and paid, those that require subscription will note the in-app purchase.

I paid over $100 for this Apple Tv device. I was told i can watch free tv and there are also apps I can buy. I have not yet found any free TV? What am I doing wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.