You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I-pad pro 5th gen Personal Hotspot unavailable

Hello

Im trying to connect my iphone to my ipad’s Personal Hotspot and it like it dosent have one???

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 4:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 4:28 PM

Your iPad will only have a hotspot if (a) you have a WiFi+Cellular model iPad (WiFi Only models have no Cellular hardware) - and (b) you have an active Cellular plan for your iPad that includes “tethering”.

If instead you are having difficulty connecting your iPad to your iPhone hotspot with your iPad3, try changing your iPhone’s hotspot setting to Maximise Compatibility:

Settings > Personal Hotspot > Maximise Compatibility - set to ON

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 17, 2023 4:28 PM in response to VKing1

Your iPad will only have a hotspot if (a) you have a WiFi+Cellular model iPad (WiFi Only models have no Cellular hardware) - and (b) you have an active Cellular plan for your iPad that includes “tethering”.

If instead you are having difficulty connecting your iPad to your iPhone hotspot with your iPad3, try changing your iPhone’s hotspot setting to Maximise Compatibility:

Settings > Personal Hotspot > Maximise Compatibility - set to ON

I-pad pro 5th gen Personal Hotspot unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.