You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no music shown in imovie

I cannot view any music in iMovie to add to my project. I google the subject and everything refers to iTunes, that doesn't exist anymore. On my iPad Air, this was not a problem everything showed and if it wasn't not available due to copyright, it just would not let me add it. On my Macbook Air, nothing shows up. I'm looking everywhere to give it permission to use Music, but can't find anything. Anybody know where I need to go to link it up? Running Ventura.

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 3:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 6:28 PM

If it is Apple Music, as opposed to iTunes, it will not show in iMovie, and cannot be used. Your purchased iTunes songs are still in your iTunes library. Open the iTunes library side by side with iMovie and drag in your songs. Plus, the iTunes store is still available for additional perchases.

— Rich

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 19, 2023 6:28 PM in response to MesserT

If it is Apple Music, as opposed to iTunes, it will not show in iMovie, and cannot be used. Your purchased iTunes songs are still in your iTunes library. Open the iTunes library side by side with iMovie and drag in your songs. Plus, the iTunes store is still available for additional perchases.

— Rich

no music shown in imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.