You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot move a child account

I am the organizer for my granddaughters account, we are trying to transfer her to her mothers. We have followed the Move a child to another group using Family Sharing – Apple Support (AU). My daughter indicates that my granddaughter is shown as pending on her device. I received and email indicating the requested transfer along with a link that fails with "Cannot view invite, the invite cannot be viewed from this account".

The solution as indicated by all searches, is to approve the request that is found in a notification in the Settings app under my AppleID. The rub/Issue/problem here is that I do not have a notification anywhere under in the Settings app or in Family Sharing or in my AppleID info.

I have signed out of my account and then shut down my device followed by a restart (no change)

I have cancelled all shared subscriptions, purchases and location info followed by the procedure above (no change)

As the attached link indicates problems may also associated with the app request. In our case the app request between my granddaughter and I quit working 6-8 months ago. Can’t view invite to approve family shari… - Apple Community

Now what?

iPhone 12

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 4:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 8:00 AM

For others who may experience this.

The solution as provided to me by Apple support.

"To try to further resolve the issue, we need to make a change or update

the name of the Organizer. Both on your device and your daughter's

device. You can also simply just add any additional character on it like

a number or emoji or a heart, at least a change will be made. Please go

to Settings > General > About > Name."

This solved my issue.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 21, 2023 8:00 AM in response to jimgoersch

For others who may experience this.

The solution as provided to me by Apple support.

"To try to further resolve the issue, we need to make a change or update

the name of the Organizer. Both on your device and your daughter's

device. You can also simply just add any additional character on it like

a number or emoji or a heart, at least a change will be made. Please go

to Settings > General > About > Name."

This solved my issue.

Cannot move a child account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.