You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imac 14.3 i7, 16gbram, 1tb. 2013 model won't upgrade higher than 10.5

Would like to know, bought an imac14.3 model. It won't upgrade higher than 10.5 Sierra. Need to for photoshop and lightroom. Anywhere possible for upgrading the software?

Ps I tried the 2 methods of the app store and automatic updates, but no results

iMac 21.5″

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 6:40 PM

8 replies

Apr 22, 2023 3:31 PM in response to Mostafa-2193

Mostafa-2193 wrote:

pack this soft 14.3

14.3 on what?

macOS does not presently have a version 14.3 available.

The current version of Xcode is 14.3. Xcode 14.3 can be downloaded from the Apple Developer website, or from the Mac App Store.

iOS 14.3 is no longer available. Any updates will get either iOS 15 or iOS 16, for iPhone models able to update past iOS 12.

If you have an iPhone 6 or or earlier and want to update it, those older iPhone models are forever limited to iOS 12. Or to earlier versions of iOS, for yet-older iPhone models.

You need an iPhone 6s or iPhone 7 to get to iOS 15, and need an iPhone 8 or newer to get to the current iOS 16.

Here is how to: Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

This particular thread is about an iMac known as the iMac14,3 model, which is a ~decade-old model iMac.

Imac 14.3 i7, 16gbram, 1tb. 2013 model won't upgrade higher than 10.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.