You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backlight turns off after logging in Macbook Pro 2019 Touchbar

Has there been any resolution to the backlight turning off after login? This issue has been reported many times in these forums with only the same responses of safe mode, reinstall, check settings, but none of these seem to be working. This seems to really only affect the T2 chip computers 2018-2020.

I have tried all the above including doing a dfu restore and revive of my macbook but not having any luck. The keyboard lights up, but as soon as I login it turns off. The touchbar has the option to increase and decrease but that does nothing. I tried to contact apple support, but idk if I missed a call from them, but they were supposed to call me back. If anyone has any tricks for this, I would be grateful.

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 7:27 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Backlight turns off after logging in Macbook Pro 2019 Touchbar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.