You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why i can't update my old iPad from iPadOs 10.3.4 to newer a version?

Why i can't update my old ipad from ios 10.3.4 to newer ios ? Thank u

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 7:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 7:57 PM

Hello,

There are different ways to ensure the highest iOS that your device will support is installed on your device.

This support article has instructions about updating an iPhone or iPad wirelessly --> Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

(Same for iPad)

You can also use Mac and PC computers to update system software: Update iPadOS - Apple Support

When updating, your device will update to the highest version currently available that it will support, or it will just say it is up to date and won't install anything. Apple indicates ( Unable to update my iPhone 6 Plus from 12… - Apple Community ) I need to point out the obvious and state that if you want to run a higher system version than your current device will run, that you need to buy a newer device.

You don't say what device you have so its hard to be more specific as to what your device can run.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 20, 2023 7:57 PM in response to Phu2512

Hello,

There are different ways to ensure the highest iOS that your device will support is installed on your device.

This support article has instructions about updating an iPhone or iPad wirelessly --> Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

(Same for iPad)

You can also use Mac and PC computers to update system software: Update iPadOS - Apple Support

When updating, your device will update to the highest version currently available that it will support, or it will just say it is up to date and won't install anything. Apple indicates ( Unable to update my iPhone 6 Plus from 12… - Apple Community ) I need to point out the obvious and state that if you want to run a higher system version than your current device will run, that you need to buy a newer device.

You don't say what device you have so its hard to be more specific as to what your device can run.

Mar 20, 2023 8:38 PM in response to Phu2512

Phu2512 Said:

"Why i can't update my old iPad from iPadOs 10.3.4 to newer a version?: Why i can't update my old ipad from ios 10.3.4 to newer ios ? Thank u"

-------

For future reference...

Update an iPad Using a Computer:

Use my User Tip: Making Use of a Computer for Updating an iOS Device - User Tip. If any updates are available, they will install sure enough.

IMPORTANT:

Backup your iPad First:

Be certain you create a backup of your iPad, prior to the log out, that way you'll have something to restore your iPad from should anything go wrong with the update.

Why i can't update my old iPad from iPadOs 10.3.4 to newer a version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.