You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inverted Colors

I have the iPhone 13, on the newest IOS. Recently, I have noticed that my messages have had the colors inverted. Orange accents, weird emojis.. etc. This all began a few days ago when I changed from dark mode to light mode on my phone. It was fine up until that point, but then the color inversion started. After a little research, I was able to check settings and make sure that both of the color inversions were off, and they were. However, the problem still persists. It is fine when my phone is in dark mode, but I very much prefer it to be on light mode. It only affects my messages. How can I get it back to normal?

iPhone 13

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 4:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 5:40 AM

Hey there,

Since this issue occurred only with messages app , check the Per-App Settings to see if you enabled the smart invert for message app : Go to settings > accessibility > Per-App Settings > messages > smart invert- turn off.

1 reply

Inverted Colors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.