You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

schedule text to send later

Is there really no way to schedule a text to send later? I used that all the time on my galaxy. I would not have switched if I would have known this. Please do something about this!

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 7:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 7:45 AM

It is not possible to select "send later" directly in the Message app, but you can create an automation that sends a message on a specific date or time.

1. Open the Shortcuts app

2. Tap Automation at the bottom

3. Tap Create Personal Automation

4. Select "Time of Day"

5. Select Time, as well as Daily, Weekly or Monthly

6. Tap Next and select Send Messages

7. Select recipient and what the message should contain, then tap Next

Disable Ask Before Running if you want it to be 100% automatic, without confirmation. That's it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 21, 2023 7:45 AM in response to aymorman

It is not possible to select "send later" directly in the Message app, but you can create an automation that sends a message on a specific date or time.

1. Open the Shortcuts app

2. Tap Automation at the bottom

3. Tap Create Personal Automation

4. Select "Time of Day"

5. Select Time, as well as Daily, Weekly or Monthly

6. Tap Next and select Send Messages

7. Select recipient and what the message should contain, then tap Next

Disable Ask Before Running if you want it to be 100% automatic, without confirmation. That's it.

schedule text to send later

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.