You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photos Not Syncing Between MacBook and iPhone

I am trying to sync iCloud photos between my Macbook and iPhone but the photos aren't synced. I have iCloud photos turned on both devices I want to know what could be the reason for this issue and how can I solve it.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 12:40 AM

1 reply

Mar 22, 2023 6:51 PM in response to ahmad18mujtaba

Hello ahmad18mujtaba,

First ensure that the Mac and iPhone are both using the latest macOS/iOS version that each will support.

This page can help with updating iOS if needed: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

This one can assist with updating macOS: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Also try checking to see if other elements of iCloud are syncing well between the two devices, as that can help to see if there's a broader issue occurring. This could include things like the Contacts app, the Calendars app, etc.

Checking to see if the sync is still actively in progress can help as well. Launch the Photos app on the iPhone, and then in the bottom left choose Library. Tap on All Photos, then scroll to the bottom of the screen. For macOS this status can be found in the Photos app by launching the Library tab, and scroll to the bottom of the screen.

If it does show the sync as being in progress try connecting the devices to power and Wi-Fi, and allow it to sync overnight.

Cheers.

iCloud Photos Not Syncing Between MacBook and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.