You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music not downloading onto iPhone

I have a 1TB iPhone 14 pro running IOS 16.3.1 and new tracks or albums in Apple Music appear in my library and will stream but will not download onto my phone unless I add the albums/tracks to my library first then turn the phone off and on again. I have over 400GB of free space and I’m on wifi with a fast broadband speed so any ideas how to rectify this issue would be very much appreciated.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 5:13 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 25, 2023 1:23 PM in response to nessandandy

Hi nessandandy,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you're having an issue downloading music for offline use on your iPhone.

We're happy to assist.

We recommend checking out the steps in the section titled "Download music from Apple Music" from the article here: Add and download music from Apple Music - Apple Support

How to download music from Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, or Android

After you add music to your library, you can download it to your device to listen to offline. Just follow the steps below for your device.

1. Open the Apple Music app.
2. Add a song, album, or playlist to your library.
3. Touch and hold the song, album, or playlist that you added from Apple Music.
4. Tap Download.
iPhone showing Download

We recommend the steps above because they will show you how to download music so that you can listen to it offline.

Please let us know the outcome after giving the above steps a try.

Cheers!

Apple Music not downloading onto iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.