You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting MacBook to iMac

Help me please! I am trying to use a thunderbolt 2 cable to connect my MacBook Air mid 2015 to my iMac 21.5 inch 2011. I’ve tried so many things, but I just can’t figure it out. If anyone knows, please help me figure it out. Thank you!

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 9:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 9:40 PM

Pumpkin_the_kittycat Said:

"Connecting MacBook to iMac: Help me please! I am trying to use a thunderbolt 2 cable to connect my MacBook Air mid 2015 to my iMac 21.5 inch 2011. I’ve tried so many things, but I just can’t figure it out. If anyone knows, please help me figure it out. Thank you!"

-------

Syncing Two Macs:

Three methods to try...

A. Use an Ethernet Cable:

Go Here: Use Ethernet to Connect two Mac Computers - Apple Support

B. Use Target Disk Mode:

Go Here: Transfer Files Between Two Mac Computers Using Target Disk Mode - Apple Support

C. Use a Network Sharing:

Go Here: Create a Computer-to-Computer Network on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 25, 2023 9:40 PM in response to Pumpkin_the_kittycat

Pumpkin_the_kittycat Said:

"Connecting MacBook to iMac: Help me please! I am trying to use a thunderbolt 2 cable to connect my MacBook Air mid 2015 to my iMac 21.5 inch 2011. I’ve tried so many things, but I just can’t figure it out. If anyone knows, please help me figure it out. Thank you!"

-------

Syncing Two Macs:

Three methods to try...

A. Use an Ethernet Cable:

Go Here: Use Ethernet to Connect two Mac Computers - Apple Support

B. Use Target Disk Mode:

Go Here: Transfer Files Between Two Mac Computers Using Target Disk Mode - Apple Support

C. Use a Network Sharing:

Go Here: Create a Computer-to-Computer Network on Mac - Apple Support

Connecting MacBook to iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.