You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Live Wallpapers on IPhone XS with the new update

Does the newest update 16.3 remove live wallpapers? I’ve been trying to find a way to set one but I’m not sure how if anyone could help me out that would be great

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 6:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 12:29 PM

Live Wallpapers as you know them, where you hold the screen and the image moves, are unfortunately no longer available in iOS 16. A long press on the lock screen will now make your iPhone go into Lockscreen Customize mode.

There are some "moving" pre-installed Wallpapers, such as Weather & Astronomy or Collections. Long Press on your Lock Screen and tap the blue "+" in the bottom right corner and see what's available.

You can find more useful information here:

Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 26, 2023 12:29 PM in response to Cocotheking123

Live Wallpapers as you know them, where you hold the screen and the image moves, are unfortunately no longer available in iOS 16. A long press on the lock screen will now make your iPhone go into Lockscreen Customize mode.

There are some "moving" pre-installed Wallpapers, such as Weather & Astronomy or Collections. Long Press on your Lock Screen and tap the blue "+" in the bottom right corner and see what's available.

You can find more useful information here:

Mar 26, 2023 12:39 PM in response to Cocotheking123

Cocotheking ~ As an alternative, Apple's new Live Weather wallpaper for the Lock Screen & Home Screen(s) is worth trying. It will display a background image of the current weather in your location – so a dynamically changing sunny, cloudy, or rainy, etc. "sky". The screenshots below of my Home Screen show only a small sample of the possibilities – at sunrise, mid-morning and night:

Open Settings > Tap Wallpaper > Tap “+Add New Wallpaper” > Tap blue Weather icon at top right > Tap "Add" at top right > Tap "Set as a Wallpaper Pair" > Swipe up from the bottom to finish.

Also check these:

Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > Location Services = ON

...Then scroll down to Weather, tap it and:

Always = Checked

Precise Location = ON

õ¿õ¬

Live Wallpapers on IPhone XS with the new update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.