You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

player dmg virus

I was studying and went to a website that redirected to a Download Flash Player fake website. Since then every some minutes I am seeng that the settings notifications in my Mac Pro gives '3Viruses found, click here'. When I click it, it redirects to McAfee page in Safari. It asks to buy McAfee as there apparently are viruses in my machine.

I downloaded BitDefender via Apple Store and did a full scan which found 3 Gen viruses and disinfected 1. I could see their locations (downloads folder) but neither could I find them in Downloads folder nor could I click 'Open in Finder' in BitDefender... I deleted everything from Downloads folder, tried with different free Antivirus but no help...

I also found that Apple has its own strong protections. I dont know how I can use them.

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 12:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 4:27 AM

Please check Safari Settings and select the Website section, then scroll down to Notifications, as shown in the screenshot below. Delete all you haven't knowingly added. or all of them.

9 replies

player dmg virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.