You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get my iPad repaired

I have a 2nd gen iPad Pro 12.9". I've cracked my screen because I was taking it in my backpack without a case, and the screen started to get darker to the point where, Christmas of 2020, I pressed too hard on the cracked screen that the screen went black permanently. What should I do to have my iPad repaired?

Thank you

- Edwin

iPad Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 9:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 9:47 PM

eastoakland2003 Said:

"How to get my iPad repaired: [...]I pressed too hard on the cracked screen that the screen went black permanently. What should I do to have my iPad repaired? Thank you- Edwin"

-------

Troubleshooting a Cracked iPad Screen:

Your Screen is Failing:

Note that you have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty with this. So, if it is covered under warranty, then see if you can get the screen diagnose for a price. Ask Apple Support for a new screen.

Apple Contact Us Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit linger to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with yo
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 28, 2023 9:47 PM in response to eastoakland2003

eastoakland2003 Said:

"How to get my iPad repaired: [...]I pressed too hard on the cracked screen that the screen went black permanently. What should I do to have my iPad repaired? Thank you- Edwin"

-------

Troubleshooting a Cracked iPad Screen:

Your Screen is Failing:

Note that you have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty with this. So, if it is covered under warranty, then see if you can get the screen diagnose for a price. Ask Apple Support for a new screen.

Apple Contact Us Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit linger to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with yo

How to get my iPad repaired

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.