You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search Bar

I cannot edit the text when I'm typing in google search bar. When I highlight the area that I want to correct, it automatically sends me to the end of the sentence, not allowing me to edit any parts without deleting the entire sentence until I get to the part I want to change. How can that be fixed?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 6:50 AM

2 replies

Mar 29, 2023 9:33 AM in response to Sherenna

To be clear, does that occur when attempting to edit text that you type in Safari's URL field, or in the Google search page?

Safari allows you to select and edit text in its Search field, so you should be able to to what you want. If it happens on Google's web page, then it may be something only they can fix, or it may be the way they want their page to work.

Search Bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.