You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to cofigure imap

How to get iPad and iPhone to sync with my MacBook when deleting emails a

MacBook Air, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 7:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 9:27 AM

Gmail is set up as IMAP (a slightly weird version if I recall but not in a way that matters in this case) by default. When adding the Gmail account to your device, you should only have to select Gmail and then enter your email address and password. If the accounts are not syncing, I'd recommend you delete the account from all of your devices and add it back. That's generally the fastest way to resolve many email problems.

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I would note that I always access my Gmail account through a web browser on my Mac. I much prefer it to Apple's Mail application.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 29, 2023 9:27 AM in response to roby_48

Gmail is set up as IMAP (a slightly weird version if I recall but not in a way that matters in this case) by default. When adding the Gmail account to your device, you should only have to select Gmail and then enter your email address and password. If the accounts are not syncing, I'd recommend you delete the account from all of your devices and add it back. That's generally the fastest way to resolve many email problems.

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I would note that I always access my Gmail account through a web browser on my Mac. I much prefer it to Apple's Mail application.

Mar 29, 2023 7:42 AM in response to roby_48

To setup iCloud as the Mail Account on all the devices

Suggest reading the article from Apple on this topic

Link below

Sign in to iCloud on all your devices - Apple Support (CA)

Apps and features that use iCloud - Apple Support (CA)

excerpt for above link

iCloud Mail

Create a free @icloud.com email address and send and receive mail on your devices and on the web at iCloud.com

How iCloud keeps information up to date across all your devices - Apple Support (CA)

how to cofigure imap

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.