You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health

So I bought my son a refurb iPhone 11 128gb . It was grade a looked perfect and is working fine . But… when we got it in dec the battery health was 100% . Now 3 months later the battery health is 89%!!! he is not on it that much so it’s not from crazy use . It has been falling a % or so about every 2 weeks now

I wonder why this is ?

im going to send it back as I purchased on Amazon but it just seems very very odd

any thoughts ?

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 1:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 3:35 AM

It can drop really fast, and it can come to a standstill for months. I had on my old iPhone that it dropped to 90% rather fast, but after that it kept on 90% for almost 3 years. This is not a linear process

4 replies

Mar 30, 2023 1:56 AM in response to bobbymcd

This is normal. Battery health drops with battery usage and charging cycles. As for a refurbished iPhone, it could have a lot of cycles allready. There is no need to worry about this, if it drops below 80% then you can get the battery replaced

See this user tip I wrote a while back for more information on this subject

About battery health on your iPhone - Apple Community

Battery health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.