You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Developer Forums relocated!

Need help with Apple Developer tools and technologies? Want to share information with other developers and Apple engineers? Visit Developer Forums at Apple.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does a -43 error code mean?

I'm trying to install an app but I'm getting this eror message "The operation can’t be completed because one or more required items can’t be found. (Error code -43)"

I'm on an iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.6

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 9:29 AM

1 reply

Mar 30, 2023 9:55 AM in response to blueshoes1923

Mac error -43 can mean an access conflict for a file, a file permission error, the filename is incorrect or missing or faulty, or there's some other software or hardware corruption or damage. Which probably won't help you.

Error -43 during an install usually means you will want to review the installation documentation for prerequisites or requirements (such as a newer version of macOS, or some other app or package), and to then contact the app developer for assistance.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.