You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i update where i want to receive the 6-digit verification code for my when i log into icloud or apple from my macbook pro?

How do i update where i want to receive the 6-digit verification code for my when i log into icloud or apple from my macbook pro?

I'm getting my 6 digit security code sent to my macbook pro when i am trying to log into my icloud or apple id from my macbook pro. How can i change it so i only get that sent to my iphone or email?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 10:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 11:12 AM

There is no option for a two-factor verification code to be sent to an email. It should be sent to all of your trusted devices, including the device you are signing in on (although I notice that it occasionally misses one or more of my devices).

You can also request, on a case by case basis, that it be sent to a trusted phone number.

See the information in Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

and Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 30, 2023 11:12 AM in response to Gabi1086

There is no option for a two-factor verification code to be sent to an email. It should be sent to all of your trusted devices, including the device you are signing in on (although I notice that it occasionally misses one or more of my devices).

You can also request, on a case by case basis, that it be sent to a trusted phone number.

See the information in Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

and Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.