You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do not disturb -mode and Whatsapp calls

Hi,

I have my do not disturb -mode in a setting where phone calls will come through and everything else not. The problem is that Whatsapp calls are also silenced, but I would like them to ring too. Not Whatsapp-messages, but Whatsapp-calls from everyone. Is that possible somehow?

TIA!

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 6:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2024 8:40 AM

I have a similar issue but it is the other way round.

I have my do not disturb mode on all the time but have set a contact list to allow notifications from a few of my contact.

Which I always get WhatsApp voice and video call notifications from the above “exceptional list”.

But WhatsApp suddenly silenced the video call notifications from the “exceptional list”. I have tested the Whatsapp text, it works fine (which I get notifications from the “exceptional list”).

How to solve the above situation?

Should I contact Whatsapp or Apple for this?

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2024 8:40 AM in response to Axel Foley

I have my do not disturb mode on all the time but have set a contact list to allow notifications from a few of my contact.

Which I always get WhatsApp voice and video call notifications from the above “exceptional list”.

But WhatsApp suddenly silenced the video call notifications from the “exceptional list”. I have tested the Whatsapp text, it works fine (which I get notifications from the “exceptional list”).

Should I contact Whatsapp or Apple for this?

May 2, 2024 8:40 AM in response to riikka64

Mar 30, 2023 6:22 PM in response to riikka64

As you already know, if you allow WhatsApp notifications to come through then you will get the notifications for WhatsApp calls and WhatsApp messages. You cannot just silence the messages and not the calls.

If you want WhatsApp to behave in a specific manner while associated with Focus Mode (Do Not Disturb), then I recommend that you provide your feedback directly to the developer of WhatsApp (Meta). Thanks.

Axel F.

Do not disturb -mode and Whatsapp calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.