You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Numbers on iPad, how to highlight a cell if that cell is copied?

How to highlight a cell if that cell is copied?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 10:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 2:05 PM

ok, here's what I got...

Numbers has conditional formatting, but it is limited more than excels version. You can use s formula.

So what I do is make a formula in a column to the right that if TRUE will show the value in the cell I want to apply the format too.

then make a conditional format to test if they are equal and apply.

you can then hide the column C in this case.

Here is the formula I use. this really works well with the two table setup I described in the earlier post.

Then this is the conditional format. I applied it to the whole column and made sure to remove the absolute referencing ($) for the row number.

hope this helps

Jason

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 5, 2023 2:05 PM in response to jaxjason

ok, here's what I got...

Numbers has conditional formatting, but it is limited more than excels version. You can use s formula.

So what I do is make a formula in a column to the right that if TRUE will show the value in the cell I want to apply the format too.

then make a conditional format to test if they are equal and apply.

you can then hide the column C in this case.

Here is the formula I use. this really works well with the two table setup I described in the earlier post.

Then this is the conditional format. I applied it to the whole column and made sure to remove the absolute referencing ($) for the row number.

hope this helps

Jason

Apr 5, 2023 1:56 PM in response to Npl_981

you don't mean detect when the copy command is done, you mean you want BRH3 in the left hand side to turn a different color when It shows up on the right hand side. (I think that's what you mean)

first I would suggest breaking this table into two tables in numbers.

One is your inventory (left) and one Is your sales (right).

In excel if you wanted to see both on the same sheet, you would have to do something like what you show.

In numbers you would split so that one table was just one set of data and the other was the unrelated data. (not unrelated meaning that they don't have anything to do with each other, think one piece of paper to record inventory, one piece of paper to record sales, both sitting on the same table top.)

Let me throw something together to do this real quick. there is a way but it is kinda hacky...

Using Numbers on iPad, how to highlight a cell if that cell is copied?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.