You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 13 mini photos pixelated

Hi - I purchased iPhone 13 mini in September and noticed my camera gives me pixelated images sometimes. The quality of the photo is quite bad. Does anyone know why?

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 3:33 PM

3 replies

Apr 4, 2023 2:40 PM in response to Sow8090

Hi Sow8090,

More information would be needed to offer appropriate suggestions for the concern you've expressed.

Are these photos being captured using the front-facing or rear-facing camera of your iPhone? Are you using the Apple Camera app or a third-party software when taking those photos? Are there any common elements between the photos such as the mode you're using, lighting conditions, zoom level, etc?

It's also possible that if you're using iCloud Photos, the full resolution copy of your images is being stored in iCloud while a lower-resolution version is accessible on your device to save storage space. The page Manage your photo and video storage discusses this further:

"When Optimize Storage is turned on, full-resolution photos and videos are stored in iCloud, and, when needed, space-saving copies are stored on your device. And as long as you have enough space in iCloud, you can store as many photos and videos as you want."

Regards.

Apr 5, 2023 4:08 AM in response to Sow8090

The video component of a Live Photo does not have a high resolution. Only the high resolution still frame of the Live Photo has a very good quality. If you change the key frame to a different frame of the video clip, the resolution will be poorer than before. You may also get pixelated images, if you use the digital zoom and not only the optical zoom, or simply when you crop the image to a much smaller section.

Iphone 13 mini photos pixelated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.