You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location Services on MacBook Air M1

When I access location services it only lists SIRI, Apple Maps and system services. So I can't give permission to use location services for any other application, for example Safari. Any ideas how to get the other apps on to the list please? (Using latest software BTW)

Cheers

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 9:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 11:03 PM

Thanks for your assistance. Strangely though the problem might be resolving itself. As I open apps that aren't listed I am now being asked if I want to let them use location services. If I say yes then they are being added to the available "toggle" list on location services..

So will just open everything up, give them access if asked, then go back and toggle off anything that I don't want to give permanent access to.

Cheers

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 31, 2023 11:03 PM in response to Tesserax

Thanks for your assistance. Strangely though the problem might be resolving itself. As I open apps that aren't listed I am now being asked if I want to let them use location services. If I say yes then they are being added to the available "toggle" list on location services..

So will just open everything up, give them access if asked, then go back and toggle off anything that I don't want to give permanent access to.

Cheers

Mar 31, 2023 10:42 PM in response to grs90

Sorry, but you have me a bit stumped as to the reason why you are only seeing a few apps. In theory, apps that can utilize location services, should appear here.

I only have three ideas for you:

1. Create a new standard user account. Log out of your existing account, and then, log back in with this new account. Check to see if more apps appear. If not ...
  2. Shut down your Mac, and then, start up in Safe Mode. Again, check the apps. If this doesn't make any difference, then ...
  3. I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly. You can do so simply by selecting the "Support" link on the lower left-hand side of this forum's web page.

Mar 31, 2023 10:14 PM in response to grs90

What version of macOS is your MacBook Air running?

Prior to macOS Ventura: System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab > Location Services > If locked, enter the Administrator password > Enable Location Services. From there you should see a list of apps for which you can enable/disable locations services for.

For macOS Ventura: System Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services. The list of apps should be present.

Location Services on MacBook Air M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.