You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search function on my Macbook Pro (OS Monterey, Version 12.6.3) of almost no use any more - would love to restrict it to searching only my Mac - possible?

Struggling w' the search function on my Mac (Monterey V 12.6.3). Have read a few posts about this, which mention different things that individuals did to try to improve the situation. Unfortunately, I don't understand what they were (what was done) and it appears that they didn't really help. Used to LOVE the search function on my Mac - super, super useful. Now it's almost useless! So frustrating; a huge loss! I have no idea what to do and would appreciate any suggestions. I want to be able to search for things ON MY MAC ONLY, not on the Internet! TIA for any ideas / recommendations! Best wishes, M

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 7:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 7:16 AM

I want to be able to search for things ON MY MAC ONLY, not on the Internet!

Use the Finder's Search field. Read Narrow your search results on Mac - Apple Support.

1 reply

Search function on my Macbook Pro (OS Monterey, Version 12.6.3) of almost no use any more - would love to restrict it to searching only my Mac - possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.