You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i lock the phone my wifi disconnect why?

when i lock the phone wifi network will automatically disconnect why?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 5:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 5:22 PM

It’s a feature that has been implemented in all iPhones since the first to preserve battery life. Wi-Fi uses power continuously when it is connected to a Wi-Fi network, whether it is exchanging data or not. If Wi-Fi stayed on continuously when the phone was asleep users would be very unhappy about their significantly reduced battery life. You can override this feature by leaving the phone connected to power, either line power of a battery pack.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 2, 2023 5:22 PM in response to sudip275

It’s a feature that has been implemented in all iPhones since the first to preserve battery life. Wi-Fi uses power continuously when it is connected to a Wi-Fi network, whether it is exchanging data or not. If Wi-Fi stayed on continuously when the phone was asleep users would be very unhappy about their significantly reduced battery life. You can override this feature by leaving the phone connected to power, either line power of a battery pack.

when i lock the phone my wifi disconnect why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.