You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When attempting to load an app on my iPad - i am told to double click in the upper left hand corner of the screen but the app does not load

I am unable to load applications on my iPad - the ‘double click to install’ in the upper left hand corner of my screen does not start the download and i brought back to the apps screen. How do I access the link in the upper left hand corner to load the app? NOTE: I have the same issue with my iPhone.

Thanks

Sheri

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 8:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 8:42 AM

The double-click prompt, as seen on your screen, relates to the corresponding physical button on the edge of the iPad frame. This also applies to your iPhone.

Double-click the physical sleep/wake button, not the screen.

For your iPad, illustrated here in Landscape orientation, with the charging connector to the right - the physical “top” button is at upper left of the outer frame, with the volume buttons on the top-edge.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 3, 2023 8:42 AM in response to SEC_63

The double-click prompt, as seen on your screen, relates to the corresponding physical button on the edge of the iPad frame. This also applies to your iPhone.

Double-click the physical sleep/wake button, not the screen.

For your iPad, illustrated here in Landscape orientation, with the charging connector to the right - the physical “top” button is at upper left of the outer frame, with the volume buttons on the top-edge.

When attempting to load an app on my iPad - i am told to double click in the upper left hand corner of the screen but the app does not load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.