You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortcuts app - Notes

I have Notes that have items that were "scanned" into the note as documents. I'd like to be able to open a scanned document in a note and then run a shortcut from the Share Sheet to do the following:

Open a new email with a specific set of people it goes to, a specific subject and a specific message body. The email should have the document from the note attached as an attachment.

I can get shortcuts to open a new email with populated recipients, subject and body just fine. I can't seem to get the Notes note document I open to attach to the shortcut created email.

I am trying to run the shortcut from the share sheet of the opened document. I thought you could "pass" the document into the shortcut but it doesn't seem to be working.....

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 9:45 AM

3 replies

Apr 25, 2023 12:34 PM in response to douglasehowell

OK.

The following basically works with one exception.

When I open the note I want to mark up and then run the shortcut on, I copy the text from the note that I want as the subject. Doing this, makes the shortcut do exactly what I want. I'd like to eliminate having to copy the text I want from the note to the clipboard though. The text I want as the email subject is always the first seven characters of the first line of the note. Is there a way to code using this as the subject so that I don't have to do a manual copy before running the shortcut?

Shortcuts app - Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.