You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Swoosh sound when sending mail in Apple Mail

I noticed recently that the Swoosh sound is not happening when I send mail, even though I have it marked in Settings to sound. I do not have other sounds active, but definitely like knowing that my mail got sent.

Any updates on this question yet?

thanks.

iMac 24″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 2:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 5:04 PM

Hi whyoga,

The first area to check for this concern is how the notifications for Mail are configured. Manage notifications from Mail on Mac outlines how to do so:

"Change or turn off all notifications from Mail

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Notifications in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.)
  2. Go to Application Notifications on the right, click Mail, then do any of the following:
    • Change notifications: Set options, such as the style of notifications, where to show them, and more. For more information about the options, click the Help button  in the bottom-right corner.
    • Turn off all notifications from Mail: Turn Allow Notifications off.

Note: To display notifications from Mail when a Focus is on, you must allow the notifications to appear. See Set up a Focus."

If those are enabled, the next place to look is possible Focus settings, as described in the previous set of directions.

Still not working? Test in safe mode per How to use safe mode on your Mac and then complete the recommended steps in that article based on the result of the test.

Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 6, 2023 5:04 PM in response to whyoga

Hi whyoga,

The first area to check for this concern is how the notifications for Mail are configured. Manage notifications from Mail on Mac outlines how to do so:

"Change or turn off all notifications from Mail

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Notifications in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.)
  2. Go to Application Notifications on the right, click Mail, then do any of the following:
    • Change notifications: Set options, such as the style of notifications, where to show them, and more. For more information about the options, click the Help button  in the bottom-right corner.
    • Turn off all notifications from Mail: Turn Allow Notifications off.

Note: To display notifications from Mail when a Focus is on, you must allow the notifications to appear. See Set up a Focus."

If those are enabled, the next place to look is possible Focus settings, as described in the previous set of directions.

Still not working? Test in safe mode per How to use safe mode on your Mac and then complete the recommended steps in that article based on the result of the test.

Regards.

Swoosh sound when sending mail in Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.