You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

aLtErNaTiNg CaPs when using keyboard through universal control and pressing caps lock

I'm using universal control between my macbook and iPad. When I use the caps lock key on the macbook while typing on the ipad it seems aLtErNaTiNg CaPs mode is turned on. Is it possible to disable this useless feature? Pressing caps lock on the macbook while on universal control seems to switch thusly:

no caps lock->caps lock->aLtErNaTiNg CaPs ->caps lock->no caps

I'd really like to not have aLtErNaTiNg CaPs. Is this possible? My iPad is on 16.3.1, and my macbook on 12.6.3

This seems to be the same issue as Universal Control typing in upper and low… - Apple Community

iPad Pro (5th generation)

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 12:18 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 7, 2023 4:10 PM in response to mlachmann

Hello mlachmann,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

If you're having trouble with caps lock not working as expected, you'll first want to ensure that both your devices are fully up to date.

Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If the issue continues after updating your devices, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support to look in to that and see what options you have.

You can reach out to them here: Apple Support

Take care!

aLtErNaTiNg CaPs when using keyboard through universal control and pressing caps lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.