You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I set different sounds for different apps or persons?

I would like to set different sounds for notifications of different types and or different people. How can I do this?

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 9:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 10:01 AM

If you want to set specific notification alerts for a particular contact on your iPhone, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the Contacts app on your iPhone.
  2. Find the contact you want to set a specific notification alert for and tap on their name to open their details.
  3. Tap on "Edit" in the top right corner of the screen.
  4. Scroll down to the "Text Tone" / "Ringtone" section and tap on it.
  5. You can now choose a specific notification sound for this contact. You can choose from the default sounds included on your iPhone or you can create a custom sound.
  6. Once you've chosen a notification sound, tap "Done" in the top right corner of the screen to save your changes.

Now, when you receive a text or iMessage or Calls from this contact, your iPhone will play the specific notification sound / ringtone you selected. This can be useful if you want to easily identify messages from a specific person without having to check your phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 5, 2023 10:01 AM in response to nabristow

If you want to set specific notification alerts for a particular contact on your iPhone, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the Contacts app on your iPhone.
  2. Find the contact you want to set a specific notification alert for and tap on their name to open their details.
  3. Tap on "Edit" in the top right corner of the screen.
  4. Scroll down to the "Text Tone" / "Ringtone" section and tap on it.
  5. You can now choose a specific notification sound for this contact. You can choose from the default sounds included on your iPhone or you can create a custom sound.
  6. Once you've chosen a notification sound, tap "Done" in the top right corner of the screen to save your changes.

Now, when you receive a text or iMessage or Calls from this contact, your iPhone will play the specific notification sound / ringtone you selected. This can be useful if you want to easily identify messages from a specific person without having to check your phone.

Can I set different sounds for different apps or persons?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.