You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passwords and information lost when I logged out and back in my iCloud

How did I lose all my saved passwords and information after I logged out and back in?

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 10:22 AM

1 reply

Apr 9, 2023 5:40 PM in response to Damienlane

Hello Damienlane,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Sounds like you're missing some iCloud data after signing out of your iCloud settings. If so, we'd like to assist and also share some information with you. First, you want to make sure that you're using the correct Apple ID when you sign back into your device. Each Apple ID has their own information linked to it, so if you sign in with a different Apple ID, you will not see the correct information.

You can also double check and confirm that you have iCloud Passwords & Keychain enabled. Follow the steps below:

1.) Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud and tap on Passwords & Keychain.

2.) Make sure that Sync this iPhone is enabled.

Information can also be deleted when signing out of your device. This resource explains more: Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

If you sign out of iCloud on that device while Keychain is turned on, you're asked to keep or delete that information. If you don't keep the information on at least one device, your Keychain data is also deleted from the iCloud servers.

We hope this information is useful. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Passwords and information lost when I logged out and back in my iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.