You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone contacted me about stolen iPhone

Is this possible or is it a scam. Message first came in French. I lost my iPhone in France. Then after a couple of hours came in English and asked to send a read receipt. It was also Asking if I am the owner and to type yes. When I did I got a call from the United States which I didn’t pick up

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 6:55 PM

4 replies

Apr 6, 2023 7:20 PM in response to katarzyna270

katarzyna270 Siad:

"Someone contacted me about stolen iPhone: Is this possible or is it a scam. Message first came in French. I lost my iPhone in France. Then after a couple of hours came in English and asked to send a read receipt. It was also Asking if I am the owner and to type yes. When I did I got a call from the United States which I didn’t pick up"

-------

This is a Phishing Scam Message.

Report this Scam Message:

If it looks official, yet you are skeptical of it, then report it to Apple, and to your federal government (if desired).  Do as I've instructed here: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tips.

Someone contacted me about stolen iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.