You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this a mistake or just phishing?

i got a mail from noreply@apple.com ssaying that i added a new recovery contact but it had the hour and the date wrong. i checked my account and nothing seemed strange. ive got the two-factor authenticator and didnt receive any notification. could this be a mistake by Apple or is just phishing?

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 11:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 4:55 AM

I guess the first question is, did you add a recovery contact?

Refer to:L Help a friend or family member as their account recovery contact - Apple Support

1. Go to Settings

2. Select Password & Security

3. Select Account Recovery or Recovery Assistance

Is there a strange name there?

3 replies

Apr 7, 2023 5:31 AM in response to Renata1718

Scams (e-mail, text messages, and phone calls) are getting very good at closely imitating true Apple communications. Always be cautious. Here are some guidelines:

Identifying legitimate emails from the App Store and iTunes Store - Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Avoid scams when you use Apple Cash --> Avoid scams when you use Apple Cash - Apple Support

Apple 'How to identify, avoid, and report phishing' video--> https://youtu.be/SR3Z3fXXjfw

If you are uncertain about a message and a resource provided in that message, do not click on any links in the message. Try to independently verify the resource by going to a support page on apple.com and use that to contact Apple or to use the service the message is telling you to use.

Is this a mistake or just phishing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.