You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I Enlarge iphone status bar magnification?

On my iPhone XS Max, when I touched the status bar icons I loved how they would popup enlarged below (ie if I touch the time I get a bigger time in the middle of the screen). I can't find where to set this again on my phone following a failed backup. Did the Good Idea Fairy trash that for 16.4, or can it still help me? Thank you.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 10:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 10:20 AM

It sounds like you have Larger Text enabled. You can activate the function here:

Settings AccessibilityDisplay & Text SizeLarger Text → enable Larger Accessibility Sizes and set the scroller at the bottom to one of the 5 highest "notches". After that you should be able to enlarge icons, time and battery in the status bar.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 7, 2023 10:20 AM in response to DB--NOT_Cooper

It sounds like you have Larger Text enabled. You can activate the function here:

Settings AccessibilityDisplay & Text SizeLarger Text → enable Larger Accessibility Sizes and set the scroller at the bottom to one of the 5 highest "notches". After that you should be able to enlarge icons, time and battery in the status bar.

How do I Enlarge iphone status bar magnification?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.