You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to determine if old iPhones are locked to specific carriers?

how do I tell if old iPhone is locked to a carrier and which one if I only have MEID, SN, IMEI? Sending several old iPhones off to sell and dont recall if/which carrier I used with these old iPhones....

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 9:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 9:31 AM

You can find out if your iPhone is locked by going to Settings > General > About. If "No SIM restrictions" appears next to Carrier Lock, your iPhone is unlocked.

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support (CA)

6 replies

Apr 8, 2023 10:54 AM in response to lolodesu

thanks for the 3 replies however I've already wiped all the iPhones so am I SOL on this now that I've done that?

When I turn on the screen prompts are for language, country et all; I do have screenshots of each phone with MEID, SN, IMEI; I dont have them saved anymore under my Apple ID and I dont know where my purchase receipts are. ugh. any suggestions?

Apr 8, 2023 11:36 AM in response to lolodesu

Out of ideas unless you might still have backups of these old phones that you could use to try to restore the phone. But even if this works, you will still have to get in touch with the carrier involved to have them remove the lock on the phone.

If you are not a current customer though, the carrier is likely going to be less than thrilled to help out.

how to determine if old iPhones are locked to specific carriers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.