You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get back contacts on my iPhone 12?

I'm trying to get a contact back can you guys help me out please .

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 12

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 6:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 7:00 PM

IcedJaden Said:

"Contacts: Hi [...]I'm trying to get a contact back can you guys help me out please ."

-------

Troubleshooting a Lost Contact:

I. Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this post.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

II. Some things to try...

A. Enable Contacts in iCloud Settings:

See If “Contacts” is somehow disabled.

• If it is disabled, then enable it.
  • If it is enabled, then disable it and then re-enable it.

B. Retrieve Contacts from Other Devices:

Have a Mac?: Enable Contacts in iCloud on both your iPhone and Mac, and then search through using either device. Using a computer may be more user-friendly when searching through Contacts.

C. Also, Try the Following:

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 8, 2023 7:00 PM in response to IcedJaden

IcedJaden Said:

"Contacts: Hi [...]I'm trying to get a contact back can you guys help me out please ."

-------

Troubleshooting a Lost Contact:

I. Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this post.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

II. Some things to try...

A. Enable Contacts in iCloud Settings:

See If “Contacts” is somehow disabled.

• If it is disabled, then enable it.
  • If it is enabled, then disable it and then re-enable it.

B. Retrieve Contacts from Other Devices:

Have a Mac?: Enable Contacts in iCloud on both your iPhone and Mac, and then search through using either device. Using a computer may be more user-friendly when searching through Contacts.

C. Also, Try the Following:

Apr 8, 2023 7:01 PM in response to IcedJaden

IcedJaden Said:

-------

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Keep Personal Info OFF of these Forums:

These forums are here for everyone out there to view. So, just be certain to keep personal information(names) off of these forums and other forums too. Anyone out there can read this info. For your Security & Privacy: I have asked the host to rid of the info you've provided. :)

How to get back contacts on my iPhone 12?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.