You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passcode became incorrect on iPhone X after update

My phone x after some update stopped accepting my long used passcode. I have no backup and I don’t want to lose the data. Any help? This is very frustrating!

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 1:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 1:19 PM

Backups are for before disaster strikes, after is too late. and it is really unfortunate, because you could have enabled automatic backups, so you would never be without a current backup. If it isn’t accepting the password the only option is to restore the phone to factory settings. If you had previously synced data to iCloud you can restore the synced data, but that will not be everything on the phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 9, 2023 1:19 PM in response to tamim231

Backups are for before disaster strikes, after is too late. and it is really unfortunate, because you could have enabled automatic backups, so you would never be without a current backup. If it isn’t accepting the password the only option is to restore the phone to factory settings. If you had previously synced data to iCloud you can restore the synced data, but that will not be everything on the phone.

Passcode became incorrect on iPhone X after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.