You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kernel Panic Restarts

Hello everyone, I am looking for some help with my 2017 MacBook Pro (non-touchbar), My brother gave me this laptop less than 2 months ago cause he was having these issues and now Im looking into a resolution for it, if any. When I first got the laptop, I did a full reset, and update, and the issues went away for a few weeks. But now it has returned. It Kernel panics when it is using any graphical apps (i.e. Photoshop, Youtube) and when under "heavy use" ( few tabs open and other apps running) I'm a college student that doesn't have enough to buy a new MacBook so hopefully someone will be able to help me out to get this situated. Thank you in advance! I ran etrecheckpro and this Is the log they gave:

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 6:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 7:17 AM

you have several different memory protection faults, page faults, and a memory modified after use panic.

You likely have a RAM memory issue.

Since 2012, memory chips have been soldered to the mainboard for maximum reliability, so if this diagnosis holds true, you will need a replacement mainboard. This will replace your boot drive and its contents, and no backup is showing, so all your files will be lost.

You can run the Apple diagnostics as a check for GROSS issues. Memory issues tend to be subtle, and it often takes overnight to day to find them using diagnostics.

"no Fault found" does NOT mean "all is well". "No fault found' says that under the enormously constrained conditions, in the exceptionally brief amount of time allotted, using the limited tests available, no faults were found. 

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 10, 2023 7:17 AM in response to 24Swxrv

you have several different memory protection faults, page faults, and a memory modified after use panic.

You likely have a RAM memory issue.

Since 2012, memory chips have been soldered to the mainboard for maximum reliability, so if this diagnosis holds true, you will need a replacement mainboard. This will replace your boot drive and its contents, and no backup is showing, so all your files will be lost.

You can run the Apple diagnostics as a check for GROSS issues. Memory issues tend to be subtle, and it often takes overnight to day to find them using diagnostics.

"no Fault found" does NOT mean "all is well". "No fault found' says that under the enormously constrained conditions, in the exceptionally brief amount of time allotted, using the limited tests available, no faults were found. 

Kernel Panic Restarts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.