You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back glass is broken

So my I phone 14 pro max fell off my lap onto tile floor while out at dinner with a mag safe case on and the back glass broke my back cameras are fine but I want to understand how it broke from a foot and a half drop with a mag safe case on

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 7:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2023 11:16 AM

I've had my iPhone 14 promax for 31 days when I noticed the glass has cracked around the camera lens. This is my first time replacing it, (looks like the insurance will cover it)

I also have the expensive otter box & screen protector (no camera protector)

There was No dramatic event, no dropping that I recall, I think it's an Apple Defect. I got the 2 hour run-a-round from Verizon (Very Poor Customer service) Before settling on paying the $100. deductible!

I think Apple should cover this!

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2023 11:16 AM in response to Johanna-22

I've had my iPhone 14 promax for 31 days when I noticed the glass has cracked around the camera lens. This is my first time replacing it, (looks like the insurance will cover it)

There was No dramatic event, no dropping that I recall, I think it's an Apple Defect. I got the 2 hour run-a-round from Verizon (Very Poor Customer service) Before settling on paying the $100. deductible!

Oct 7, 2023 7:37 PM in response to Johanna-22

My entire family had the back of our new iPhones crack in a million pieces due to the glass back. We all have 13’s. Now the newly advertised “titanium “ iPhone constantly displays the back on their ads showing titanium

it cost $400-500 to repair the back of the iPhone so trade in value is completely tarnished! What a hoax by Apple to get us to upgrade. Unacceptable

Apr 10, 2023 7:23 AM in response to Johanna-22

It's hard to say when you haven't been there yourself, other than it's unfortunate. Cases and covers are not 100% secure. Damage can happen even if the phone is protected by a cover. Covers provide the best protection against scratches and scuffs. But fall, down on tiles, you can never predict the outcome of.

If you want the back glass repaired, start here:

Apple Repair and Repair Status Check - Official Apple Support

Dec 22, 2023 7:51 AM in response to Lindakin

Lindakin wrote:

Tell Apple:

Product Feedback - Apple

Back glass is broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.