You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samsung M288x series in macOS(13.3) - Scanner.

I have a Samsung M288x series (printer and scanner). The macOs(13.3) recognize automatically the printer and it works fine. But It can't recognize the scanner.  It's a laser multifunction printer that's also a scanner.

Someone knows how to add the scanner as well in macOS?

Thanks!

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 2:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 2:46 PM

Does Apple's Image Capture application recognize the scanner? Otherwise, the optional, paid, and free trial VueScan Professional supports the scanner on the SL-M288x without any Samsung or Apple drivers. Some device features may not be supported by the trial software but would be available when paid.

I am not compensated by the VueScan Vendor in any manner for mentioning their product here, and I have owned it since 2010 without any upgrade fee. It still drives a Canon abandoned scanner on Ventura 13.3.1.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 10, 2023 2:46 PM in response to feijodan

Does Apple's Image Capture application recognize the scanner? Otherwise, the optional, paid, and free trial VueScan Professional supports the scanner on the SL-M288x without any Samsung or Apple drivers. Some device features may not be supported by the trial software but would be available when paid.

I am not compensated by the VueScan Vendor in any manner for mentioning their product here, and I have owned it since 2010 without any upgrade fee. It still drives a Canon abandoned scanner on Ventura 13.3.1.

Samsung M288x series in macOS(13.3) - Scanner.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.