You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

charging iPad Air 2

Can I use a 12w power adapter to charge my iPad Air 2?

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 6:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2023 7:45 AM

Yes. In fact, most models of iPad require a Power Adapter rated at 10-12W (i.e., 2.0-2.4A @5V) or greater to reliably charge.

Most (if not all) current models are now supplied with 20W USB-C Power Adapters - these being able to charge the iPad at its maximum supported charging rate. 12W Power Adapters, while fully usable, will not charge the connected iPad as quickly.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 11, 2023 7:45 AM in response to Berwman

Yes. In fact, most models of iPad require a Power Adapter rated at 10-12W (i.e., 2.0-2.4A @5V) or greater to reliably charge.

Most (if not all) current models are now supplied with 20W USB-C Power Adapters - these being able to charge the iPad at its maximum supported charging rate. 12W Power Adapters, while fully usable, will not charge the connected iPad as quickly.

charging iPad Air 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.