You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Air tag sharing

I registered my air tag on my phone and I want the same AirTag registered on my IPad too, but it is not recognizing the air tag. How do I register on both devices? I follow instructions but when I put air tag close to iPad no screen will open to connect.

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 2:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 3:00 PM

An AirTag is registered/added to your AppleID account - using your iPad or iPhone. Once added to your account, the tag will be visible in the Find My App on any device that is signed-in with the same AppleID.

Once added to your AppleID account, you’ll not need to re-add the AirTag unless it is reset.

Find your keys, backpack, and more with AirTag - Apple Support

Set up your AirTag using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You should note that an AirTag can only be associated with a single AppleID.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 13, 2023 3:00 PM in response to Eahite

An AirTag is registered/added to your AppleID account - using your iPad or iPhone. Once added to your account, the tag will be visible in the Find My App on any device that is signed-in with the same AppleID.

Once added to your AppleID account, you’ll not need to re-add the AirTag unless it is reset.

Find your keys, backpack, and more with AirTag - Apple Support

Set up your AirTag using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You should note that an AirTag can only be associated with a single AppleID.

Air tag sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.