You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trading in my MACBOOK Pro

After Erasing HD using Disk Utility do I install MacOS Ventura

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 11:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 12:37 PM

The proper procedure for trading in your laptop is to restore it back to an operational state, sans your Apple ID being associated with it. Which version of macOS you re-install is not critical. It just has to "work" so the device can be evaluated (if you expect to get anything for it.)

I'm assuming that you are using the Apple Trade-in program. If so, it should have provided you with what steps that would be required to get your laptop ready to be traded in.

Ref: Apple Trade In - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 14, 2023 12:37 PM in response to rita5472

The proper procedure for trading in your laptop is to restore it back to an operational state, sans your Apple ID being associated with it. Which version of macOS you re-install is not critical. It just has to "work" so the device can be evaluated (if you expect to get anything for it.)

I'm assuming that you are using the Apple Trade-in program. If so, it should have provided you with what steps that would be required to get your laptop ready to be traded in.

Ref: Apple Trade In - Apple

Trading in my MACBOOK Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.