You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification code sent to the wrong phone

How can I change the phone# that gets verification codes. ?

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 3:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 3:11 AM

If I am the one spending money and using my phone playing a game and I want to spend some money .. I’m stopped and a ver. Code is sent to my sleeping wife’s phone ..,,

now 1st why is her phone getting my verification code when I’m playing the game on my phone trying to spend the money on my phone but the verification code sent to her phone. How does this make any sense she’s asleep I can’t get it why is my phone at first to be notified anyway just because we did family sharing still why we did not send the code to the guy playing the game and spending the money why would it send it to the other person doesn’t make any sense

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 16, 2023 3:11 AM in response to Clintproblems

If I am the one spending money and using my phone playing a game and I want to spend some money .. I’m stopped and a ver. Code is sent to my sleeping wife’s phone ..,,

now 1st why is her phone getting my verification code when I’m playing the game on my phone trying to spend the money on my phone but the verification code sent to her phone. How does this make any sense she’s asleep I can’t get it why is my phone at first to be notified anyway just because we did family sharing still why we did not send the code to the guy playing the game and spending the money why would it send it to the other person doesn’t make any sense

Verification code sent to the wrong phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.